One work day (8 hours) of pair-programming in 45 minute sessions with lunch and retrospective and short breaks between session.
Problem never changes, rules for session do though (more on that later).
- it’s never about the problem
- you change your pair every session
- ideally, you also get to change IDE, language used etc.
- each session has different rules
- you delete your code between sessions, you do NOT reuse it, but rather write anew
The last one usually raises the most objections but it’s truly cool rule and you want to stick to it.
Since then, we learned a lot but on each Code Retreat we had there was someone who fell in love with programming again. 🙂